Competitive advantage doesn’t go to the nations that focus on creating companies; it goes to nations that focus on scaling up.
Join us for Scale Up Britain on 12 June 2018, the official opening of the International Business Festival, for a full day of dynamic talks with the founders of Britain's fastest growing businesses. We'll be covering the following topics:
SCALING IN AN UNCERTAIN WORLD
Doing business in uncertain conditions is something entrepreneurs must manage, but few challenges are insurmountable. We uncover the mindset and tactics entrepreneurs use for dealing with the global challenges of scaling business.
THE POWER OF TECH
Not every company is a tech company, but anyone looking to scale can’t ignore the power tech-enabled companies have to grow quickly and change the world. We talk to three individuals doing just that.
THE NEXT GENERATION OF TALENT
We consider the leadership skills necessary to attract, retain and inspire the next generation of talent to realise the goals of the business, as well as individuals.
Purpose is about more than an auxiliary corporate social responsibility (CSR) function, it’s integral to the brand and culture of the company. We ask three social entrepreneurs why & how they built a brand that resonates so strongly with their customers, and how they’ve prioritised their mission while scaling.
Some ambitious entrepreneurs are hedging their bets by opening international offices to access talent, while others are looking for growth in new markets. With The Supper Club we discuss which countries are riskier, which are easier to access and which have greater growth potential.
Hear from an unrivalled set of entreprenuerial minds, including:
- Will Butler-Adams, CEO, Brompton Bicycles – Makers of the revolutionary folding bike
- Celia Francis, CEO, Rated People –The online marketplace connecting homeowners with local tradespeople
- Giles Andrews OBE, Founder, Zopa – The world’s first peer-to-peer lending site
- Jeff Lynn, Executive Chairman and Co-Founder of Seedrs – One of the world's leading equity crowdfunding platforms
- Cameron Stevens, Founder, Prodigy Finance – A lending platform enabling international students to attend the world’s top universities
- Chris Baker-Brian, Co-founder & CTO, BBOXX – Provides affordable, clean energy to off-grid communities in the developing world
- Simon Coley, Founder, Karma Cola – The world’s fairest soft drink brand
- Lauren Armes, Founder, Welltodo – The business voice of the global wellness industry
- David Taylor, Managing Director, World First Group – Global telecoms and tech recruitmen
- Juliet Rogan, Head of High Growth Entrepreneurs, Barclays
- **MORE SPEAKERS TO BE ANNOUNCED**